Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 19

(Almost caught up to schedule)
On January 13th I was 19 weeks!

Thoughts from that week.
January 15th:
This week our baby is the size of an apple. He is between 5-6 inches long right now…  I keep saying HE cuz that’s what I’m thinking it is…  Just every time I picture the baby and a little one coming to join the family, I picture a boy.  So……….we’ll see if that “gut feeling” is right or not ;)  We officially find out at our doctor’s appointment on Monday though. Dustin thinks it’s a boy too.  Well, he’s been HOPING one so of course. Haha.  …Dustin and I both have Monday off work for the Martin Luther King holiday so the plan is to go to the doctor appt to find out the gender and then go SHOPPING!!! :)   Dustin is on board too (and he HATES shopping so I am very surprised! :))

I feel that knowing the gender will make it more real to me.  It will also help me get better prepared with room décor and cute fun stuff to add to my registry :)

The pregnancy book says that this week I may start having shooting pains if the baby sits on one of my nerves, and may also have back pain. Well…. check, check, double check.  Last night (week 19 on the DOT!) I started having back pain… I had to get up and get a pillow to put between my legs and a big blanket to lean against. Still didn’t work.  Coincidently this morning as Dustin was informing me it was time to get up and get to work, I rolled over to the most comfortable position I had been in all night and really didn’t want to get up cuz I was FINALLY comfortable. Ha

I had a shooting pain in my lower stomach last night as well..kinda felt some pressure and wasn’t sure if I should be concerned.  According to my book though, it’s normal so… great. Haha.  I talked to my co-worker who said from here on out it only gets worse………….. yay? haha.  Aw, but it will all be worth it in a few months so… :)

I’ve been feeling kinda nauseous this week too…I thought that only happened in the first trimester but twice I’ve had to tell Dustin to grab me a bowl just incase I threw up.  ….I never did, thank goodness.  But sometimes I wish I would so I could just get the yucky feeling outta there! Haha. Dustin keeps telling little baby to stop making me sick. Ha.

We are both excited.  Sometimes I get a little nervous… just realizing how big of a change this is.  Dustin on the other hand has never been anything but super excited…. Well yeah, that’s cuz he doesn’t have to go through this work! Haha. jk.  nah, we are both excited to start our own little family…  So bring on the adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment