Thursday, January 24, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas Eve
In a previous post I showed some pictures of our little Christmas Eve dinner we had...in our living room. haha. Here's some pics from that evening.  I just made up a little menu that I printed online, and served Dustin whatever he ordered. The "cost" of his food came in the form of "one kiss" or "one footrub", etc.  It was fun and he racked up quite a bill! ;)


....Cookies and milk....in case you're wondering why I'm sticking my hand in the cup. haha


Christmas Day

It was small and simple.
Or, in Dustin's words, "Well, I guess it's just you, me, and the fetus."  haha.

 I pulled out some decor and honestly didn't get too crafty with making anything.  Hey, I've been a little on the tired side so... not feeling to get my craft on.  ;) Our house was still all sparkly and spirited though.

As you can tell from the pics below, I'm still learning how to operate our camera... Dustin is teaching me but he's got a stubborn learner ;)

 
 

 Our little hot chocolate and mallow stand :)

Christmas was fun even though it was a little quiet.  Next year though, it won't be so quiet ;)
Dustin makes everything fun. Just look at how he wrapped the gifts. haha. Cracked me up.


Dustin wrapped up all cozy.
The heater in our house was not working right so it was FREEZING in our house!

Blankets from my mom, and.......the mess ;)

My favorite present from Dustin were some coupons that he made me.  1 was good for a day of baby clothes shopping with Dustin :)  One was good for a day of maternity clothes shopping WITH DUSTIN :) haha.  Another had several checkboxes on it, with each checkbox being good for an HOUR backrub and foot rub.  NICE!! Very thoughtful :)

I got Dustin some nice shirts, which he refuses to buy yet he so desperately needs.  I told him that these can't turn out like all the other shirts though -- with little stains on the front, or holes in them, or chlorine splashes on them from cleaning out the pool... haha.  MEN! ;)

I also got Dustin an add-on to his favorite board game - Dominion.  And some puzzle games/hand games he can play at work since he's constantly on the phone with crazy customers.  I figure he needs SOMETHING to keep his sanity ;)

Breakfast was....well...adventurous. hahaha.  Dustin used way too much batter in the waffle maker and.......holy overflow. hahaha.  I love his face in this one as he watches his cooking skills spill out onto our counter top, haha:



 I'm glad we had Christmas just the two of us, even though it was kinda weird....and sometimes boring....and weird without family.  Next year everything will be different...I'm sure we'll have lots of baby pics to share! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Cute Christmas decor! You two are so cute, enjoy the quiet while you have it. I wish there would have been blogging back when I was pregnant or had little ones as I'm not much of a journal writer. You'll be glad you have this to look back on. You two you be great parents!

    ReplyDelete