Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 20-21

This week we found out our little baby’s gender………

And……………drumroll please……………
……………
…………………………
………………………………………
…………………………
………………………………………
…………………………
………………………………………
…………………………
………………………………………
……………
         
IT’S A BOY!!! :)
 

:) Wahoo!  We are excited! :)  We both KNEW it was a boy… it was a funny sort of feeling… Before we went into the doctor’s office, I told Dustin “It COULD be a girl…” but even while saying that….I didn’t feel that it was or even could be and told Dustin, “no…it’s definitely a boy.”  Hard to explain I guess.  Call it a mother’s intuition ;) haha.

This week, our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana!  We saw him wriggling around and kicking in my tummy during the ultrasound so… I should start to feel him kick here pretty soon.

So this week , week 20, we are half way through! :)  woo!  …Only 20 more weeks to go………… which feels like forever but…I know it will fly by and little Trevin James will be here before we know it.  Yep, Trevin James Parris is the name.  Dustin tried to throw out the name “Tiancum” yesterday – just one last time to try to convince me that that’s not a hideous name but……….it didn’t work…….at all. ha.   

Right after we left the doctor’s office and confirmed our baby was a boy, we went SHOPPING! :)  We spent ahum….2 hours…. “In a store called Once Upon a Child” which is SUCH a cool store.  It’s kind of like a high end Goodwill – everything is in super good condition, and the focus is all kids/baby/maternity stuff.  We bought a pack-n-play aka den for ½ off what it costs at a normal store, and of COURSE we had to find little Trevin some super cute outfits.  Little little clothes.  I was holding them up and showing Dustin going, “Are they SURE this will fit a newborn baby?! It looks sooo small.”  Dustin, in his infinite wisdom ;) said, “well babies are small when they’re born so it should.” …………..(hahaha, thanks dear.)  haha. I quickly found out that I like the little man outfits.  NOT the clothes with weird prints or big animals all over them… but I like little button up shirts and vests.  I DO like elephants though so we got a couple outfits with elephants on them :)  I have never really looked at boy clothes before… with girls there is so much VARIETY! Headbands, bows, leggings, flowers, skirts, dresses…  and I had to keep myself from glancing over at the girl stuff as we were shopping, haha.  Dustin said that we would go broke if we were having a girl first, cuz I’d want to buy everything!! Haha.  Yeah….he’s right ;)  I mean, we already had to box up TWO whole tubs of girl stuff…clothes and room décor and store it out in our shed.  Perhaps we’ll pull it out in 2 years or so ;)  So for now… little man stuff it is :)  And I am perfectly happy with that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment