Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's the Little Things that Bring a Smile

So...I analyze things and am super picky about small details especially when it comes to crafts and decorating. So with life, every once in awhile I take a step back and analyze-- where I want life to go or who I want to become or just how things are at the moment.

This week I realized how kinda neat the little things in life can make someone, like myself, so happy. 

Things like...
 
Washing your hands expecting to get that nasty pink soap every public bathroom uses, BUT instead finding Foam Soap. Hooray! :) I love that stuff!



Having your husband come by for lunch just because he wants to see you, even if he already knows he'll only see you for 15 minutes before he has to leave.  
Love that boy.



FINALLY discovering where all those awesome movie/commercial voices come from.  Check out the Top 100 voices on voices.com . Click on a few to listen.  It's pretty cool :) Dustin showed me this website.  People who have naturally awesome voices post their talent here and then companies/people hire them. Pretty cool huh? :)

Other people's parents. At my job I get to review applications and gosh, I sometimes wonder out of ALL the names parents could possibly choose to name their kid, they choose a name like: 
Rufus  
(I'm sorry, but automatically my mind turns to the words bark, whistle, rollover, and good dog.)
and
First name: Fancy   Middle name: Free
(True Story. I'm sorry but....why?!?)


 Being thankful for some little blessings in life like a warm blanket in the winter, air conditioner in the summer, a soft bed, hot shower, loving spouse, food to eat, church I love and believe in, and a happy home.



Random answers on applications when students are asked to describe their previous or current job.  Today’s answer…..was grand:
Employer: JJ’s pet store (changed name)
Job title: groomer
Job description: Being Awesome.

Haha. Now THAT was awesome.  Someone who actually has the guts and brilliance to put that on an application is, well, awesome :)
 And lastly, once again realizing that I have been blessed with such a wonderful family and great friends who inspire, teach, lift, serve, and bless.



Take a moment and write down a few things that just flat-out make you happy no matter how ridiculous they are. I promise you'll walk away with a smile. :)



1 comment:

  1. A good reminder for all of us to be more grateful for little things. Fancy Free, really?

    ReplyDelete