Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Straight or Curly?

Last week my sister Bre needed a "hair model" for a salon job she was interviewing for.
I of course said I would LOVE to let her do this uncooperative hair of mine ;)
She had to wash it, then blow-dry it while styling with a round-brush.

(It's always a little bit weird having my sister wash my hair, haha, but since I've been her "model" before so...not SO weird anymore.  .......I like the sound of that.....model...  ;) hahah.

When I got home I had to rush and get ready for our ward talent show.  Hair done? Check. That was awesome.  Dustin kept telling me how nice I looked... totally the hair :)

So maybe I'm alone but....I've never been one to take a ton of time to do my hair.  In fact...sometimes no time at all. I get up for work at 5am, throw it in a pony-tail or messy-bun and call it good.  My logic is "Why would I want to spend 10 more minutes of my hair when I could actually be sleeping for that 10 minutes?" hahaha, ridiculous I know . I CAN'T be alone out there though ;)

I HAVE noticed though, that when I look good, I feel good. -- More confident rather than feeling like..well um....crap. haha.

A few weeks back , I got my hair thinned.  And I mean THINNED.  At first I cried, ( I really did).
But now I love it.  SOOO easy to do.

HELLO, WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS LIKE 15 YEARS AGO?!?
(I mean, I've had my hair thinned before....I've just never taken the plunge to get it THIS thin.  
Again...why on Earth not? ....I have no idea...
I asked Dustin to take a picture of me.
And boy, when that kid gets goin with the camera, we end up with not 1 or 2 pictures,
but 8 or 9 pictures.

And then he starts going all paparazzi on me 
which is why we then end up with all sorts of pictures that look like this:


And this:

 And ok Dustin, that's quite enough:

Phew!

So for the "CURLY" part of this post...

My hair used to be SUPER curly...I mean, we're talkin ringlets when I scrunched it with mousse.
Now though, it's just got these poofy waves....... blah.  

It's kinda cool sometimes cuz I'll go to sleep with my hair wet and then wake up to some fun curls.
I'll grab a curling iron (I actually use a straightener to curl my hair), curl a few pieces,
and voila:


I don't know what I was doing with the face there...probably that weird high school kissy face thing. haha.
Ok people, I'm trying to show you the HAIR here.:)


I found this peacock piece glued to a piece of felt at Michaels.
I then glued it to an elastic headband :)  Creative? Nah, too simple to be creative. 
They had everything pretty much all put together.


Other side....of heaven ;) haha


So I can't decide if I like it curly or straight better?
I guess it will depend on the day.  
For now, because I love my sleep soooo much, unfortunately most mornings will call for that dredded up-do! dun dun dun! 

Enjoy the pictures while you can.;)

3 comments:

  1. I like it both ways, you look so cute and stylish. My hair is thinning on its own. That comes with age I guess. Yours is cute no matter how you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which one I like better, you're just such a natural looking model that they both look amazing! Maybe you've missed your real career? Cute feather headband, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaleice you're too cute! I can't imagine having to have my hair thinned. Nature took care of that for me. Oh well, we want what we don't have, right? I love both of the hairstyles on you. I love that peacock feather hairband too. Hey, that could be the name of a hair band "Peacock Feathers" haha. And Dustin is good photographer:)

    ReplyDelete