Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bringing My Shower Curtain to Life!




When Dustin and I first got married, we bought a cheapy $7 shower curtain from Walmart for our Master Bathroom.  I don't know WHY it took me forever to realize how gross-looking it really was-- pink and orange and plastic.  And I am SO surprised and sad I don't have pictures to show off this craziness.....just use your imagination and really it....it was pretty gross.

I've learned I hate plastic shower curtains... It just hangs onto all that soap scum and what kills me is that you can actually SEE it. ...YUCK!

So when we started putting some money into our house and actually BUYING our own decor (gotta love all those RANDOM newly-wed gifts you get, haha)... I knew the bathroom was the FIRST thing that was getting a re-do.

As I started the process, I logically started thinking about what colors I wanted. As I looked to the towels we had for "inspiration".... I honestly just started laughing:


Pink, orange, purple, blue...man, at this rate why don't we just paint a rainbow in our bathroom? ;)  So obviously you can see why I leaned toward a more neutral theme. ;)

I saw, loved, then bought this shower curtain I found at Anna's Linens which is conveniently (depending on if you ask Dustin or myself) located 2 minutes from our house.

I decided I wanted some "pops" of color so I looked at the fun assortment of ribbon I had.
Looks as random as the towels eh?
 

I found some RED ribbon...tested it out..  Loved it.

I hot-glued it right down the middle....



....bought white towels, used a vase of red flowers I already had....and voila!


So simple yet SUCH a big difference by adding that little splash of color.


And again,


1 comment:

  1. I love it, Shaleice. It does make a big difference. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete