Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Plain Cabinet Door TO Pretty Lettered Sign

There's a place in Mesa called Stardust Building Supplies where you can find used house appliances, chandeliers, cabinets, cabinet doors, windows, doors....all sorts of fun stuff. 

When Dustin and I have gone, I usually spend forever looking around and come out with a few great finds. This last time I got some cabinet doors for like $1.50 each. 

I spray painted one aqua blue and then used my fancy schmancy Silhouette machine that I got for my birthday to cut the first letter of our last name (Parris) out of contact paper. 

I know, I know, Vinyl would have been ideal, but I'm tellin ya, this sign has been around for a few months and the contact paper hasn't budged so... here's to saving money :) 

 Here's how it turned out:  

I put it here by our front door on some cute baskets (Goodwill find!) 

 You're gonna laugh, but I propped this baby up using wooden paint sticks.  
Yep, the FREE kind :) 
 They fit snuggly into the basket's grooves giving perfect support.  So brilliant I know ;)


PS. The tin bucket (once a yucky red color) was also found at Goodwill and was painted white.
 
P = The most PPPerfect letter of the alphabet in my opinion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment