Thursday, August 30, 2012

Looking Back: 4th of July Banner

 
I don't have time to go "all out" for each holiday but I do like making a little something to show that we ARE festive around here ;)

For the 4th of July, I pinned  a whole bunch of ideas.  Can I just say that I LOVE Pinterest? Link to my Pinterest here.  For awhile I was super obsessed and found myself pinning more things to do and make than I was actually doing and making them.  But the tides have turned!  

I'm setting sail! 
  I've been referring back to my "pins" to look at recipes, make projects, AND to decorate for the holidays. so far, I'm doing pretty good if I do say so myself...which I do :)

For July, I saw THIS banner on Martha Stewart's website, pinned it of course hoping maybe I could make it, and THEN saw these cute looking ALREADY-MADE striped and polkadot banners in the $1 section at Walmart :)

I bought paper doilies at the $1 store, 
cut them in half, 
then glued them to some jute twine.
And voila!

My $5 Fourth of July Banner



PS. You got a *sneak peak* at the living room that we just finished re-doing.  Do you see the "PPPerfect sign" that I posted about, here in the background? :)  Living room post to come...

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So cute and thrifty. I like referring to my pinterest boards when I have some time and feel creative. You're very tech savvy, a good thing to be as a blogger (which I'm not).

    ReplyDelete