Friday, August 31, 2012

Mother's Day Wreaths

Since we're taking a blast to the past, here are the Mother's Day gifts that Dustin and I made for each of our moms and our grandma.

(And yes I DID say that DUSTIN helped make this...I actually just sat next to him sipping lemonade while acting a slave-driver.  I've trained him well ;)


Yes we used foam and duct tape to create our wreaths . 
Before you think this is a super good idea,  keep reading. 

Material for Wreath #1

 Material for Wreath #2

Material for Wreath #3
No picture, sorry. haha. But it's coming up :)


How we made them:
Sorry we don't have any "tutorial"-type photos. This was all pre-blogging time.
We basically wrapped the material around the wreath, hot glued,
then followed this tutorial to make and glue felt roses in a cute cluster.
Little banners made of ribbon and material (burlap on 2 of them) were then strung across the middle.
Sorry again for the extreme lack of detail. If you want to make this it's not too hard to figure out. :)

Wreath #1



And again,

  

Wreath #2
 


 And again,

Wreath #3

And again,

All 3 Wreaths:


Now, as you saw, we used foam and duct tape to make the wreaths.
Pause.
Sometimes you come across ideas that APPEAR to be simple and money-saving ... like this:


Foam and Duct Tape: Cheap idea for a wreath right??
That's what I thought too.
But unfortunately as time went on, after we had given these gifts to our moms, we went back to visit and found them hanging on their door sorta shrively.  SO, even if you duct-tape the wreath to death, (which we did) it STILL will never look quite round and will end up bending all over the place eventually. :(  Sad I know. 

So, I've learned that sometimes you gotta just spend the little bit of extra money if you want it to turn out right the first time. :) 

(That way you can avoid looking back and going "and WHY didn't I spend those extra 3 bucks again to get a pre-made wreath?!?" hahaha :) 

3 comments:

  1. I truly appreciate the content of your blog.. nice post.


    Mothers day Presents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm so glad I found this cause I was going to try the foam and tape thing! But they still turned out lovely :) The red one is my favorite. And that's a great idea for a Mother's Day gift, I might have to keep that in mind! I would love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursady party. I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stopping by to thank you for sharing this at my Throwback Thursday party! I'd love to have you again this week :)

      Delete