Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weeks 35- 39

Week 35:
Baby Center: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon).  (crazy huh!?!) Your uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived — now reaches up under your rib cage. If you could peek inside your womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs, too, which is why you probably have to urinate more often and may be dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress.

My Thoughts:  In my last school Bachelor's degree class, my classmates threw a surprise baby shower for me. (left to right:  Shelaine Viex-Wright and Ellen Bravo got me gifts, Ryan Landis decorated, and Claudia and the teacher and everyone brought food :)  It was super thoughtful and quite the surprise. :) I just love my little class! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 36:
Baby Center: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.  At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. You might also notice that your Braxton Hicks contractions are more frequent now. As a general rule, if you're full-term, your pregnancy is uncomplicated, and your water hasn't broken, your healthcare provider will probably have you wait to come in until you've been having contractions that last for about a minute each, coming every five minutes for an hour.For first-time moms, labor takes an average of 15 hours, though it's not uncommon to last more than 20.

My Thoughts:  Sometimes Trevin REALLY stretches out and it makes me tummy bulge all weird to one side like this.  Man, he is clearly running out of room in there! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 37:
Baby Center:  Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

My Thoughts: So.... I love it when I walk by ppl, they don’t just move out of the way…..they move WAYYY out of the way…like I’m 6 feet wider or something…. ;) hahahha.  I am feeling sorta fat, BUT pregnancy is SO a good excuse for everything right now ;)
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 38:
Baby Center: Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he is over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
My Thoughts:  So here I am at 38 weeks and I would honestly say that I haven’t had that “I’m DONE being pregnant” feeling….until today.  Haha.  My back hurts, I’m having Braxton Hicks contractions (about 1 or two an hour. Man those hurt!  Yes yes, I know it’s only the beginning….haha.) … I’m tired, I’m kinda feeling nauseous and don’t want to eat anything but an apple or carrot sticks….neither of which I have. Hahaha. Random.  I feel like I’m not as prepared for the baby as I’d like to be…  I still have to finish packing the hospital bag….and we are STILL waiting on the crib mattress to come in at which point I have to cutesify the crib :) ... and there’s still a few last minute things on my shopping list like nursing bras, a baby monitor, and lanolin. ……..   I know all these things CAN be done within the next few days if I put my mind to it and perhaps skip my naps but …I feel like we’re cutting it close!!  I mean, 38 weeks…Trevin could technically come any time! Crazy!!

……….ALMOST THERE!!!  2 MORE WEEKS!!! 

This picture below cracked me up . We don't have to prepare for the introduction of a new sibling...yet.  THAT should be interesting eh? :)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 39:
Baby Center: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! (eeeekkkkk!!! :)) He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, about the size of a mini-watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.)

My Thoughts: He could come any day!!!!  Game face ON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment