Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cooking Craze!

So...flat out sayin it, cooking is not my forte.  That's not to say that I don't love eating -- quite the opposite actually!!  I enjoy food MORE when someone else makes it for me....even if it's a sandwhich. ha.

Every so often...maybe once a week, I go into a cooking craze and I want to make everything.  Thank you Pinterest for some inspiration there

One week I came across a recipe to make garlic chicken on rice:


So ya know what? We made it!  BAM! 

In one ziplock bag, garlic, olive oil, and uh...some other stuff that I forgot. haha.  I didn't save the recipe cuz unfortunately it was a little bland for our taste.  In the bag on the right we put regular chicken seasoning :)


 
 Cooked it up:
 
 


Got our rice cooker goin....



And voila! Ok, so I forgot to take an "after" pic but this was basically it...without all the pretties cuz we are practical! ;)



I also saw this recipe for pretzels on Pinterest.  So we made them BAM!


And truthfully they turned out EXACTLY how this looks.  Click HERE for the recipe.
 
We followed the recipe and then took some over to our neighbors. And then ate the rest... :)


Dustin had to teach me how to do the pretzel knot cuz I just could NOT figure it out. hahaha.  But, GOT IT!




Maybe I am not as bad a cook as I thought ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment