Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chevron Tray {Before & After}


When I saw this tray at Hobby Lobby I knew I could do something fun with it. BEFORE:
 I painted the whole thing with white paint.
I took some blue painters tape and zig-zagged it across the bottom (sorry no pictures)
I covered up everything I didn't want yellow and then spraypainted it.
I sanded it to make it look a little worn.
And voila! :)  AFTER:

Close up:
 

For awhile it sat on our dresser and was our "catch-everything" tray.  Yuck.

But not anymore:

Here it sits: :)
Added a moss ball I made using a foam ball and moss. 
Holy messy project there, but all the moss balls I made turned out so cute.


...it almost looks like it was just meant to be there doesn't it?
  Insert Hallelujah chorus ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Shaliece you are too stinkin cute!!! I LOVE IT!!! Your house looks like its so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great idea! Welcome to blog land! Your blog is so cute!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative you are. Great Job!!! I can hear the chorus all the way over here ;) Aunt Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you family and friends for the wonderful compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete